For most of us, doing HCG is a big deal. Keeping in mind that it is only 3-6 weeks of my life, I really want to get the most out of it that I can.
Here are some ways that I have found or heard about that can help enhance your weight loss during Phase 2.
- Use the ORIGINAL protocol. 500 calories, NO extras, no oils, no fats, no sugars no starches, etc. No yogurt, tofu, additional vegetables or fruits, etc. There are many variations out there, but the original protocol seems to work the best for me.
- Read Linda Prinster’s book and be sure you are not eating anything outside of the traditional/original protocol. POP stands for ‘Perfect on Protocol’; in other words, no cheating 🙂
- Use HCG Chica’s Digital HCG Diet Workbook for understanding the protocol, keeping good track of what you are doing, and more.
- Be absolutely sure that you are not getting any hidden sugar or starches. Read all labels. Always, ALWAYS ask in restaurants what they put on their food and in their food! Have everything cooked with no oil or sugar. Even a SMALL amount of sugar or oil matters! Most restaurants will be accommodating if they can be, even if some of the servers or cooks don’t always love the idea 🙂
- You should NOT be OVERLY hungry. Normal hunger for meals is fine, however if you are STARVING, not only does it feel bad, you won’t lose weight as quickly. If you are too hungry, it is important to adjust your dose so that you feel comfortable. (dosing tips)
- MOST cosmetics have OILS in them, lipstick included. Be sure that ALL of your cosmetic products, from soaps to shampoos, to make up and lotions, are all OIL FREE. I know it might seem like a small thing, but it really does make a difference. I was amazed to discover how much more quickly I lost weight when I stopped using toiletries that contained oils.
- If you are mixing vegetables, STOP. Only eat one of the approved P2 veggies at each meal.
- Only eat apples or grapefruit as your fruits.
- From my understanding of the protocol, you can cut out a fruit and or a starch. I personally would not cut down protein or vegetables.
- Cut down on red meat.
- Be sure that the ‘bread’ you are eating is only 20 calories or less.
- If you are eating tomatoes, cut down on them or cut them out.
- Drink more fluids. Be sure that your fluids do not have ‘fruit’, sugars, starches, or a bunch of additional ingredients in them.
- If you are exercising, STOP. It was shocking to discover that exercising during the VCLD/P2 not only left me feeling weak and exhausted, it actually slowed my weight loss down.
- Do an apple day, or a partial apple day.
- Do a protein and veggie day only.
- Do a ‘mini’ steak day as described in the original protocol.
I hope that this helps. Please feel free to send me any ideas you have that helped you lose on the protocol.
~inspired Girl aka Barbara
PS: as you know, I am not a doctor nor an expert in the field, and nothing I write here is ever intended as medical advice. I am just another HCGer who has had some success J