Yummy ground beef is my staple on any eating program. It is really clean, appropriate for HCG, Keto, Paleo, and any low carb program, and so good that the whole family will love it.
This Taco Meat is a great starter for everything from Tacos & Tostadas to Beef Stew, and Spaghetti Bolognese. I love making large batches and then freezing it in perfect portions so it is on hand and ready to go. It really is the BEST!
Let me know what you think, and ENJOY!
THE BEST TACO MEAT
TOTAL TIME: Approximately 2.5 hours
- Beef: lean ground beef: 5 pound, organic or hormone free
- Cilantro: chopped (2 tbsp)
- Garlic: peeled and chopped: 4 cloves
- Jalapeno, 1/2 – diced
- Yellow Onion (1 Large): diced (2 cups)
- Scallions: 4 chopped thin
- Tomatoes, 5 large organic roma: diced very small
(Approximately 2 cups of tomatoes)
- Cayenne Pepper: 1/4 – 1/2 tsp
- Chili Power: 3.5 tbsp
- Cumin : 2.5 tbsp
- Garlic Powder: 1.5 tbsp
- Oregano: 1 tsp
- Paprika: 1/2 tsp
- Pepper: 1/2 -1 tsp
- Red Pepper: 1/2 tsp
- Salt: 2-3 Tbsp (add 2 tbsp, simmer, and taste. If need, add 1 more tbsp)
PREPARATION (60 minutes-70 minutes)
- Brown ground beef: lean beef, organic or hormone free (NO OIL FOR HCG P2)
*make sure to cook slowly and crumble into smallest chunks possible
*Use spatula to “chop” ground beef continually as it cooks
- add all seasonings – mix well
- add diced yellow onion
- add scallions including the white sweet onion part
- add diced tomatoes
- add diced jalapeno
- add garlic
- add cilantro
- Mix well again
COOK (90 minutes)
- Simmer, covered lightly, for approximately 60 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add water if needed; do NOT make it dry, but it should be beefy, not watery , like taco meat
- Allow to set for 30 minutes once burner has been turned off
- Be sure to crumble the meat into smallest crumbles and don’t cook them too fast or they come out rubbery
- Be sure to chop the tomatoes really small, and cook them down a lot, so there are NOT lots of chunks
- You can double this recipe: total prep & cook time with 10 pounds of meat is about the same
- This recipe freezes GREAT!
Portions for 5 Pounds of Meat
- Divide into 22 portions = 3.5 ounce servings
- Divide into 16 portions = (5 ounce) serving s
- Divide into 14 portions = (5.71 ounce) servings
- Divide into 10 portions = (8 ounce) servings
For Tacos, Tostadas & Burritos
- Add Cheese, Sour Cream, Avocados or Guacamole, Salsa, Onions, Tomatoes, Lettuce, and any toppings of your choice
- Add your favorite Spaghetti Sauce, Italian spices of your choice, and Parmesan (and other) Cheeses.
- Pour over Miracle Noodles (*click on link for recipe) YUM!!!