I can’t help myself. I teach. I always have. In high school, they used to call me the computer that wore tennis shoes. Seriously. I would walk around the class (in decker sneakers of course) and help the other students with their geometry. I invited all my friends over for pizza and chemistry homework help on a weekly basis. One of my nicknames was ‘Sai Babs’ and my workshop junkie friends had a joke, that when they didn’t know how to support others, they would ask themselves, ‘How would Barbara do it?’
As soon as I learn something, I find myself in a position to teach it to others.
I am not an expert on anything and I don’t want to pretend to be. What you find here in my blog are my personal experiences and antecdotes from others that I have learned from. Nothing I say is meant to be ‘believed’ or followed. My main intention is to support people in coming up with their own answers. I love encouraging people to question themselves, to contemplate, to discuss, to think, to feel, and to re-evaluate. I love supporting people in making their own choices.
In developing this blog, I knew it wouldn’t be any fun or hold any interest for me if I had to limit it to one topic. I have many varied interests, all of which I love to share about, teach and explore.
- I am a married woman with 29 years of marriage and a passionate loving husband.
- A obsessed kitty mama
- A Transformational Relationship Seminar Leader.
- A teacher who is inspired to teach everything I learn and who loves empowering people to be the best that they can be.
- An Intuitive and educated Astrology chart interpreter & teacher
- An Intuitive Guide
- A spiritual seeker
- A blogger
- A recovered eating disorder person
- An ex therapist
- A person who once had cancer
- An HCGer
- A menopausal woman who still thinks I have a right to act like I am in my 20’s
I am Passionate About:
- My Husband
- My Kitties
- The Computer, my iphone, my techno gadgets & social media
- Mysore Ashtanga Yoga
- Wakeboarding, Wakesurfing & tubing
- Photography, Graphic Design & Video Editing
- Psychological Astrology
- Workshops, Personal Growth, Spiritual Expansion
- Playing the Piano, Singing & Music
My Career History Includes:
- Creating, Writing, Producing, Directing & Leading Workshops
- Teaching Counseling
- Teaching Yoga
- Running Organizations
- Being a Private Practice Therapist for Individuals, Couples & Groups
- Working inpatient Recovery for Teenage Alcoholics and their families
- Managing Group Homes
- Restaurant Management & all aspects of Restaurant work
Who I am will hopefully come across in these pages.